Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Inner Journey

This inner journey is one that  I undertake in fits and starts
   or beginnings and beginning again
      and then stopping
      resisting
      ignoring the voice
      getting distracted
      numbing
      avoiding


And so today is a new start - a fresh start - again
                    again
                                again

This inner journey requires devotion
    that is,  devoted time to waiting and emptying by
       sitting
          listening
              writing
                 reading
                    praying
                         living       mindfully, awake, aware

This inner journey is helped by friends who companion
    and care
         for me
              and for the journey
Friends who model and share 
    their insights and discoveries
       and confusion and lostness
           and  love and loyalty

This inner journey seems vague and ephemeral at times

And yet as I allow myself time for reflection
     in   solitude
            with   study
               enjoying   art and beauty
                   giving   service
                        supported  by  community

Something does start to shift
     there is a change in my body as I begin to let go
     there is a change in my spirit as I become more patient and kind
     there is a change in my visage as the peace comes

There is a slowing down, a deep breathing, a far and close seeing  that emerge

And I begin to see and savor the wonder and mystery of life,  love and even me.

The inner journey brings  words that resonate within me:
      peace         silence          hidden            treasure             grace

Today as I sit with God at the beginning of the day, I hear a voice saying:
                                  "Stay here              Let me love you"


             





No comments: