It is New Year's Morning and this is why I am happy
1. Our New Year's Eve party last night was really a dream come true for me. We played games, we ate food, we talked. we connected. And we - was about 35 people from 70plus years to three years old. We were completely diverse. We looked like the church that God wants us to be.
2. At midnight I was in the sanctuary of the church receiving communion and holding hands with others. What a wonderful way to start the year.
3. This morning I woke up and got enough sleep! At my age a night of getting sleep is a blessing.
4. I finished reading The Defector by Danial Silva. This suspense novel had been recommended by my friend Susan. The writing is good, the story is thrilling and I could not put it down. I love it when I find books that take me away from it all.
5. We are going over to Marnie and Eriks for Pork and Sauerkraut. Apparently for some people this is a new year's day tradition. And now I guess it is mine. I look forward to the company.
6. I am going to see the movie "It's Complicated" with Melanie. Another good way to start the year
7. The bucks are playing the rose bowl so I will catch the end of the game. That is about as much football as I need. Hope they win.
So the new year begins - with friends, family. books, movies, football and faith.
Hope I can keep the balance.