Sunday, November 30, 2008

thanksgiving blessings

It is Sunday and I cannot help but reflect on the high points of the holiday season

1. Safe travel as Chuck and I went from Columbus to Oswego, Illinois, to Chicago to Toledo and home again. Beautiful weather and great conditions!

2. Being with my brothers and sister. It is a blessing always to be with the ones I grew up with and "remember when"

3. Going to the doctors with Ellen and hearing that her hemoglobin is good, and her x ray was good, and her cough is not a big deal. She needs to gain weight - and I know she will!

4. Seeing Ellen in her new wig - she looks great and having her join us on a walk around the block. This is great progress!

5. Playing "Phase 10" with Wayne, Gail, Sarah, Ellen, Geoff, and Chuck. I don't even have to win to have fun. Nobody breaks into song while playing games like the Gersens and now with Gail we even have harmony. It was fun having Sarah make fun of us!

6. The Thanksgiving dinner - prepared mostly by Tom with help from Chuck. The two of them in the kitchen are a rare treat. And the meal was great - my favorite was the garlic mashed potatoes!

7. Seeing Brian and Huong and going to lunch at a really cool restaurant in Chicago. ( I had the BEST cream of mushroom soup!) Brian seems happy and hopefully is seeing the doctor he needs for his foot problems. And Huong is beautiful and enjoying her life. Good for both of them!

8. Getting texts from my kids during the holiday. Learning that Lindsay (Brett's sister whose marriage I performed in September) is pregnant! And feeling part of the "sofa king" Mad Gab game even though I was not there!

9. Seeing Harv and Lisa on our way home. Spending time drinking wine in the garage (!) and hearing about Lisa's teaching. She can tell stories that just are great! They seem so happy together. (another successful wedding I performed last December!!)

10. Coming home! Being with a man who is willing to spend time with my brothers and sister knowing he would love to be with his sister. Going out to lunch today with Kacey and Marnie and doing the Thanksgiving recap and then home to a fire in the fireplace. What could be better than that!

3 comments:

Marnie said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving weekend! I'm glad you all had a great time - even though we missed you with us!

Me said...

you sound so happy!

Pattie said...

What a great post! All the things to be thankful and feel blessed about. It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving weekend.