Monday, June 27, 2022

Retirement AGAIN

This is my last week working at Gender Road Christian Church and yesterday was my last sermon and a luncheon in my honor.  It was a beautiful day and I felt the warmth and love of the congregation.  It was a hard decision to decide to leave, but I feel that it was the right one.  My time there included the difficult year of the pandemic and it was really good to be on staff to plan for worship and small groups in that environment.  

So, the question is - what is next?  And the answer for me is this:  I am going on sabbatical.  That is, I want to just spend time and rest in God's love.  I know that there is something more for me to do, I have gifts for ministry that bring me joy in using.  And I will again.

But for now, my plan is to sit by the water in the woods, to read, to pray, to sing, to think, to be....with God.

I got as a retirement gift a wonderful book called Love Poems from God.  I will be including some of them in this blog.  Here is a great one by Hafiz

TWO GIANT FAT PEOPLE
God
and I have become
like two giant fat people living
in a tiny 
boat.
We 
keep bumping into 
each other 
and

l
a
u
g
h
i
n
g

1 comment:

Kay McGlinchey said...

Love it & you! What a wonderful gift you gave us in the word T H I N K before speaking. Thought of it today and all the other gifts you gave us in those 3 years with us at GRCC. Thank you, thank you. Praying for your time with God and rest and renewal. Love you much, Kay