On July 18th at 1:32 AM Margaret Rose Schultz came into this world.
And I am still awed by the miracle of it all!
Here are some of the blessings of these past 2 days:
- being with a large family that gathered to support Marnie and Erik through the labor. We spent about 10 hours together in the waiting room at Riverside Hospital - playing cards, eating, talking, watching "Big Brother", and going back and forth to see them and report on progress.
- much of our communication in the last hour was through text. As I look back over my cell phone - here is what Erik wrote: "I think we are getting close" and 20 minutes later "We're pushing" and then 20 minutes later: "She's here and beautiful!". And we in the waiting room we erupt in laughter and cheers!
- nine of us were there at 2 clock in the morning when we got to have our first glimpse of Maggie and hold her. For me, it was so wonderful to watch this family - Reagan, Addie, Marnie and Erik welcome her.
- being part of a church family that so obviously cares about us. This has been Vacation Bible School Week so every day there have been questions and prayers for everyone.
- watching Reagan and Addie as they got ready for their little sister. They have been so gentle with her and delighted to hold her, feed her and change her.
- seeing Erik as a new dad. He is a wonderful step dad to Reagan and Addie and to see him hold Maggie and care for her fills me with joy that is beyond description.
- so a new family member has arrived and she is already bringing people together and changing us in ways that we cannot imagine. I continue to be awed by God's movement in our lives that brings healing and wholeness and love and life.
Margaret Livingstone (margot ) holding Margaret Rose (Maggie)