Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Few Thoughts

It has been a busy couple of weeks - with fun stuff like seeing the Indigo Girls with Marnie and then Cher with Audrey, Miranda, Linda (Miranda's mom) and Seth. Fun.

at the same time - a funeral in Toledo for Chuck's former brother in law, Jim. It was a small family affair but really good to be with Lisa and for Chuck to touch base with his past. We both continue to marvel at the changes in our surroundings, families and bodies. It was good.

And I have been confronted with many people who are having a really hard time. We were so looking forward to Susan and Ken's visit from Phoenix and she broke her foot the day before they were to get on the plane. Today I saw Gail Taschner with a purple eye following a fall at the food pantry and talked to Adrienne Headley on the phone after her car accident. Truly everything can change in a minute and then you are left to wait for healing. I can be very philosophical about it because it is not me - it is hard.

Finally I just wanted to share two readings from a devotional at the Spirituality Network meeting I attended today.
they REALLU spoke to me.

Leviticus 26: 9-13

I will turn my face to you, will make you fruitful and numerous, and will keep my covenant with you.

You will still be eating the previous year's harvest when the time will come to clear it out to make room for the new!

I will place my dwelling among you, and I will not reject you.

I will walk around among you; I will be your God, and you will be my people.

I ma the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt's land - who brought you out from being Egypt's slave.

I broke your bonds and made you stand up straight.



Dropping Keys

the small man
Builds cages for everyone
He Knows.
While the sage,
Who has to duck his head
When the moon is low,
Keeps dropping keys all night long.
for the
Beautiful
Rowdy
Prisoners.

--Hafiz

No comments: