Monday, August 4, 2008

getting Ready!

I am getting ready for two things.....
Next week is Advance Conference and Audrey and I are doing the first keynote together. It is a week about diversity and as the beginning speakers our topic is " Diversity - So What" . So, I have really started thinking about it. I have checked out some websites and would really like to come up with a book to guide us. The Keynotes at Advance (this is a camp for 19-29 year olds) used to be just talks - but over the past few years they have become much more interactive. so, I find myself thinking of activities as much as content. Because the whole week is devoted to diversity, we just have to get the conversation started. So, if anyone has any recommendations for me, send it along. This thinking period is always interesting.

(Audrey is in Atlanta right now taking a course so that she can have standing with the UCC - more options for her for in the future. But it makes it hard for us to communicate!!)

The other thing I am getting ready for is starting my courses in Spiritual Direction. It all starts at the end of the month. I just got my first book in the mail today - "The Art of Theological Reflection" by Patricia O Connell Killen and John deBeer. O boy O boy O boy. I am going to start this right away. Looking forward to it all!!!

No comments: