Saturday, August 31, 2024

Feeling Good

Yes I am feeling good - really good.  The second week after chemo I am immuno compromised and have to wear a mask everywhere. But I am in the third week.  And I feel so good at times, I actually forget I have cancer.

Thursday was John's birthday and it was a fun day.  I gave him presents throughout the day and we went out to dinner with friends.  The best part was that I gave him - and me - a clean house.  We had the "Brazillians" come and do a deep clean of the whole house.  I had hired them when I sold my home and both of us were really impressed at the result of their labor.  We had four people come and spend three hours cleaning, polishing, sweeping everything. They did not speak any English and when I tried to communicate, I had to speak into a cell phone where my words were translated.  It was all a new experience.  The result was amazing and we still just stare at the oven, the sink, the microwave in wonder and the family room literally sparkles.  So, Happy Birthday John!

Today is an extension of his birthday as we will host friends for the first Buckeye game of the season.  This morning is a trip to our favorite place - Costco and then picking up various food - subs, soup and birthday cake for the day.  

And this week I was blessed to play pickleball three times this week.  While I don't run the way I used to, I still have some good shots and always have a good time.  All of this makes me  happy and almost forget the cancer - until Friday I said to everyone: "See you in two weeks!"  That means that the chemo is coming.

As always, the "answer" is to live in the present and enjoy the blessing of this moment and this breath.  I am trying.  And actually remembering to pray. 

PRAYING  - Mary Oliver

It doesn’t have to be the blue iris, it could be weeds in a vacant lot, 

or a few small stones; 

just pay attention, 

then patch a few words together and don’t try to make them elaborate, 

this isn’t a contest but the doorway into thanks,

 and a silence in which another voice may speak.


No comments: