Monday, September 30, 2024

I am ready

Surgery is tomorrow and my bag is packed and I am ready to go. 

I am played up and prayed up.  Today at pickleball - my last time to play in two months, probably - everyone prayed for me after we played.  Then I had a reiki treatment in the afternoon and a group of spiritual directors came over to do a prayer circle for me.  It all was very meaningful.

The last few days have been a time of  settling in and getting prepared for tomorrow.  I really feel like I have been through a mental and spiritual journey for the last three months.  I have faced my fears and felt my grief and come to a place of acceptance.  There is good news because the numbers of my "CA125" test have been steadily going down.  The tumors are truly shrinking and now it is time for the surgery.  The dread that I had felt has been replaced by a sense of determination.

So, I will arrive  with John at the James Hospital at 5:30 tomorrow morning, hopefully see my daughters, and then the surgery will be at 7:30.  My prayer is that it will go smoothly and that there will be a minimal amount of cancer.  I am part of a clinical trial and so I will receive heated chemo for 90 minutes following the removal of the ovaries, etc.    It is a daunting surgery, for sure, but I hope that I will feel held by God throughout the day.  

I am ready.


No comments: